Derek Mackay, the Minister for Local Government and Planning, made a statement to the Scottish Parliament yesterday (28 March 2012). He identified the priorities in the next stage of planning reform as:
- Promoting the plan-led system
- Driving improved performance
- Simplifying and streamlining
- Delivering development
Among the key features he identified for consultation are:
- Deferral of developer contributions
- Rationalisation where multiple consent regimes apply
- Planning application fees and improved performance
- Development plan examinations
- Appraisal processes
- Extension of Local Review Bodies
Five Consultation Papers have been issued by the Scottish Government. Responses require to be submitted by 22 June 2012.
For more information, contact Lee Murphy.